If you experience an Error with coMotion after installing (ie, typing in COMONXT and the command line and the return is "Command Unknown") It is probably one of 2 things. The main LISP (comonxt.VLX) or OpenDCL is not loading. Follow these steps to see if it one of these issues:
- Type OPENDCL at the command prompt. If nothing happens, then all is fine...
If you receive an error "unknown command OPENDCL" you will need to add the OpenDCL ARX to your startup suite (APPLOAD). The file version varies depending on your version of AutoCAD. The files are located at "C:\Program Files\Common Files\OpenDCL" on 64 bit systems it is located at "C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\OpenDCL"
- AutoCAD 2007-2009 32 bit - OpenDCL.17.arx
- AutoCAD 2007-2009 64 bit - OpenDCL.x64.17.arx
- AutoCAD 2010-2012 32 bit - OpenDCL.18.arx
- AutoCAD 2010-2012 64 bit - OpenDCL.x64.18.arx
- AutoCAD 2013-2014 32 bit - OpenDCL.19.arx
- AutoCAD 2013-2014 64 bit - OpenDCL.x64.19.arx
- AutoCAD 2015-2016 64 bit - OpenDCL.x64.20.arx
- AutoCAD 2017 64 bit - OpenDCL.x64.21.arx
Autoload coMotion VLX
- Type APPLOAD at the command prompt, click on StartUp Suite.
- Verify if "comonxt.VLX" is part of the Suite.
- If it is not, add it by following these steps:
- Click on the "Add..." button.
- Go to the coMotion Folder (C:\Program Files\coMotion nXt) and select comonxt.VLX, then click "Add...".
- Click on the "Close" button, this will close the Startup Suite.
- Click on the "Close" button and the will close the Load/Unload Applications dialog.
- You will have to Exit and the launch AutoCAD for the changes to take place.